Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Ethan's doctor visit and first bites of food

Ethan had a doctor visit last Friday. He weighs 16.7 pounds(75th percentile) and is 26.6 inches long(95th percentile). He had to get his shots too *tear*. I HATE seeing him get shots, I think it hurts me more than it hurts him! Carol went with us because I was really dreading the shots. She said that she would sit in the room while Ethan got his shots. When the nurse came in with the needles I started shaking because I was so nervous, of course Ethan was all smiles and happy. I asked the nurse " Are you going to stick that whole needle in his leg?" The nurse said "Ma'am why don't you take Jacob and go look at stickers in the hallway..." I took Jacob, and from the hall I listened as Ethan screamed his head off. When I saw the nurse leave I ran into the room where Grandma was there with tears in her eyes and she said "I thought it would be easier with my grand kids, but it's not...it's really not!" I think Daddy can go next time!

Since he is such a good eater the doctor wants to start him on cereal this week and go to vegetable baby food in two weeks.




Ethan LOVES to eat! He had no problems with his first bites of baby food.

3 comments:

Cub said...

He's adorable!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Joni said...

Oh...the shots! I know what you mean. Leah had her 1st set of shots last weeks and there were a LOT of tears. Many of them were mine. I had never heard her scream like that. It broke my heart. And yes, her next appointment is scheduled for daddy's day off!