Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Tippecanoe River State Park Camping Trip

For Jerron's 26th birthday we (me, Jerron, Ashlin, Matt, Laurie, and Bob) decided to spend a weekend out in the wilderness, a.k.a electric campsite lot #19. There was a snag in our plans when I realized that Tippecanoe River State Park was not in Tippecanoe. In fact it is 1.5 hours worth of driving for all of us. After apologizing for my lapse of using a map before making reservations, everyone got excited and we had a great time! Jerron and I had an extremely small tent compared to everyone else's, but we had no problems putting it up or taking it down. We had to suffer the ridicule of Matt and Ashlin (whose tent has a porch, I'm not kidding!), and Bob and Laurie (whose tent is as big as my apartment), but I bet we were the warmest! At night the temperatures reached 50 degrees, and we all woke up freezing! During the day though temperatures stayed a very nice 80 degrees. Ashlin brought the game cornhole and cards. I made bacon wrapped hotdogs stuffed with cheese, and Bob brought gourmet hamburgers . I know Jerron had a great and memorable birthday!










No comments: