Friday, August 22, 2008

My first Blog

Hey everyone! Welcome to the Garber Family Blog! After seeing blogs of a couple friends of mine I have decided to start my own. Jerron and I have several family and friends who live out of town and this is a great way to keep in touch.

I can start by saying that this summer our family has experienced a lot of change! Of course their is the birth of the newest Garber- Ethan Thomas. He is truly a blessing and we are enjoying every minute! Comparing the "newborn experience" of Jacob and Ethan is like comparing night and day. Ethan started sleeping through the night at 8 weeks - Jacob on the other hand didn't sleep through the night until he was 5 months! Ethan can drink a bottle, burp, then be completely content. Jacob would puke twice while drinking the bottle then two more times after it was gone! ( Mom, Dad...how did we ever get through that first year?!) Needless to say I love both my boys, but this time around has been much easier. Ethan is rolling over from his tummy to his back. He always has this look of accomplishment after every roll, it's so cute!








Ethan's always smiling, especially when big brother is talking to him. As you can tell by the picture Ethan's favorite place to be is daddy's arms.


Soon after Ethan's birth our family moved back to Kokomo, Indiana. It's great having family and friends so close again. Although it didn't work out in Tennessee like we had hoped this past year brought Jerron and I closer. I am so proud of Jerron taking the risk he did. Now we realize that being home is what we want the most and we are so thankful to be back!

Last week Jacob started Kindergarten! I can't believe he is in school! These past five years have gone by so fast! I am so blessed to have such a smart and caring little boy. He has brought so much joy to my life, I can't imagine what it would be without him. When I brought Ethan home I remember thinking to myself " Jacob is so big! Why am I babying him so much!!?" But when I saw him on the steps of the school bus I thought " He is so little! He's just a baby going off to school by himself!"
After the bus left I walked home with Ethan and opened the door to a very quiet apartment. For the first time I realized what being a mom was all about. Loving Jacob and showing him how to be a good person was all I could do. He has to experience his own life, I couldn't do it for him. He had to make mistakes so that he could learn life lessons as we all do. I miss him very much during the day and I love walking home with him and hearing about his day. Some of the things Jacob says are just hilarious! On the first day of school I asked him " Did you make any friends?" Jacob told me " No way!! My class is nothing but a nerd fest!" I had tears I was laughing so hard! Then he told me about a boy who had snot all over his face, Jacob asked the boy to wipe his face. The boy told Jacob that he couldn't because his boogers were hard as rock...Ewww so gross!! I guess I am going to have to get used to all the gross stories! Jacob describes his (female) teacher helper as a man dressed like a woman...I can only imagine what he is saying in school. Let's hope that I don't get called in for a parent teacher conference!!








No comments: